By: Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MSTurbulence Training for Fat Loss
This article might offend some folks but the conclusions to a study that was published in the respected New England Journal of Medicine, was
that who you hang out with does have a effect on your weight.
And then you have another study, this time by the researchers from Harvard Medical school who studied a pool of 12,000 people over a period of
32 years and found that the folks with overweight friends who are obese had a 57% greater chance of becoming obese themselves. Also, this
research found that friends of the same sex had a bigger influence on each other than the friends of the opposite sex.
All these researchers emphasized in their reports that it wasn''t just a common set of behaviors that lead to obesity, but that the attitudes
toward obesity contributed to the risk. In so many words... if you hang around friends who think "it''s no big deal" to be obese... guess what?
Your risk of allowing yourself to gain weight increases due to social conditioning of the people you like to be around.
But the "social ring" can be a double sided sword. Just as "social obesity" is contagious, so is "social fitness." I know that a lot of my
friends are fit and healthy because they hang around me (a fitness expert). And when my friends see what I have in my kitchen and how I approach
training (with bodyweight strength exercises and interval training), they start doing the same things. And I''ve noticed that as soon as one of
them makes significant improvements in their fitness, several others start getting serious results too.
So, if you suspect that you and your friends are unwittingly sabotaging each other''s efforts to lose weight and get fit, maybe you can become
the catalyst for improving everyone''s health. But first, you should connect with a group of
individuals who are collectively working toward their fitness goals.
For starters, it isn''t that hard to find an online source of social support. There are dozens of forums and message boards on the Internet
that are supportive and set up for this very purpose. Gyms are everywhere, and they are full of friendly, helpful fitness enthusiasts.
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning
Specialist and writes for Men''s Health, Men''s Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines. His
trademarked TURBULENCE TRAINING fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Men’s Fitness and Maximum Fitness
magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45
minutes three times per week. For more information on the TURBULENCE TRAINING workouts that will help you burn fat without
long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit www.TurbulenceTraining.com
Readers may also be interested in the book review:
FEED THE MUSCLE by Tom Venuto
THE FIT YUMMY MUMMY by Holly
Combat the Fat by Jeff Anderson
The Truth About Six Pack Abs by Michael Geary
DownloadFREE eBook! Get your FREE copy of:"Insider Secrets
for a Lean Body"By Michael Geary
or"Big Fat Lies"By Tom Venuto
when you sign up forthe FREE Newsletter"The Taylor H&F"
Personal Message by Matt Taylor (that''s me)
The Fit Yummy Mummy by Holly Rigsby
Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto
◦ Turbulence Training For Men◦ Turbulence Training for WomenNo-Nonsense Muscle Building by Vince DelMonte
◦ Skinny Guy Secrets to Insane Muscle Gains◦ Body Shaping for Women◦ Ultimate Muscle AdvantageFat Loss by Jeff Anderson
◦ Homemade Nutritional Supplement◦ Combat the Fat◦ Optimum Anabolics Natural Bodybuilding Program◦ Underground Chest Training SecretsThe Truth About 6 Pack Abs by Mike Geary
◦ The Truth About Six Pack Abs - Men◦ Lose Belly Fat -- WomenArticles by Holly Rigsby
◦ Losing Belly Fat◦ Best Way to Lose Weight◦ More Ways to Lose Belly Fat◦ Weight Loss Tips -- Eat Your Breakfast◦ The Benefits of Drinking Water◦ Fast Weight Loss TipsTom Venuto - Articles
◦ Nutrition Or Training - Which Is More Important?◦ The Top 10 Bonehead Workout Mistakes◦ How To Lose 20 Pounds Really, Really Fast◦ Protein Supplements Vs. Protein Foods?◦ Benefits of Green TeaAsk Tom Venuto
◦ Diet Compliance vs. Cheating - How Strict Should You Be?Craig Ballantyne - Bodyweight Articles 1
◦ Workouts for a Busy Gym◦ Top 5 Fat Loss Tips◦ 8 Metabolism Boosters for Weight Loss◦ What''s Wrong With Your Fat Loss Workout?◦ The Top 5 Fat Loss Myths◦ The Latest Nutrition Info◦ How to Lose Belly Fat◦ Fat Burner Pills◦ Bodyweight Exercise Program◦ Weight Loss by WalkingCraig Ballantyne -- Bodyweight Articles 2
◦ Diet Pill that Works◦ Get Rid of Ugly Manboobs◦ Tiger Woods Is Doing It Again!◦ Are Your Overweight Friends in the Way?◦ Craig Ballantyne Qs and AsVince DelMonte Articles
◦ Rules About Muscle Building -- Part 1◦ The Skinny Guy''s Guide To Gaining Weight◦ How To Get A Six Pack Abs - The Wrong Way!◦ Six “Little-Known” Muscle Building Tips Part 1◦ Six “Little-Known” Muscle Building Tip Part 2Optimum 100% NATURAL Whey
FAQ - How to Order eBooks & Other Stuff
© Copyright HealthyWeightLossFitnessProgram 2006 - 2007 All Rights Reserved